[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/mTfl ]Hello, Friday. Lets look back on our Apache activit
[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/mTfl ]
Hello, Friday. Let's look back on our Apache activities over the past week:
Success at Apache –a monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF
- Am I there yet? A n00b's perspective by Charles Givre https://s.apache.org/QyEK
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance
with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 April. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series.
- Three official Apache events will be taking place this year: 1) Apache Roadshow Europe/Berlin
(join us at FOSS Backstage); 2) ApacheCon North America/Montreal (Registration now open!);
and 3) Apache Roadshow and Job Fair/Fairfax http://apachecon.com/
- Travel Assistance applications now being accepted through 1 May for ApacheCon/Montreal
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure
running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield smashing "four nines" performance at 99.99% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 519 Apache contributors changed 1,000,559 lines of code
over 3,088 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Karl Heinz Marbaise, Duo Zhang, Matt
Sicker, Claus Ibsen, and Jeremy Mitchell.
Apache Attic™ –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project
has reached its end of life.
- Apache Oltu retired http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201804.mbox/%3CCD6C954D-F93A-473E-9B2F-60C05231D532%40apache.org%3E
Apache BookKeeper™ –a scalable, fault-tolerant, and low-latency storage service optimized
for real-time workloads.
- Apache BookKeeper 4.6.2 released https://bookkeeper.apache.org/
Apache Geode™ –a Big Data management platform that provides a database-like consistency
model, reliable transaction processing and a shared-nothing architecture to maintain very
low latency performance with high concurrency processing.
- Apache Geode 1.5.0 released http://geode.apache.org/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-faceted programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy 2.5.0-rc-1 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ – a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM)
Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.17.2 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ Solr –an Open Source enterprise search server based on the Lucene Java
- CVE-2018-1308: XXE attack through Apache Solr's DIH's dataConfig request parameter http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201804.mbox/%3C000001d3cf68%245ac69af0%241053d0d0%24%40apache.org%3E
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute
- Apache NiFi 1.6.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
Apache Subversion™ –leading Open Source version control system.
- Apache Subversion 1.10.0-rc2 released https://subversion.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer
Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.30 and 9.0.7 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Tinkerpop has two new pieces of documentation: 1) Collections
Recipe, and 2) Gremlin's Anatomy Tutorial? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
- Did you know that Huawei uses Apache Flink for its Cloud Stream Service? http://flink.apache.org/
- Did you know that cron expressions generator Cron Maker webapp is powered by Apache Wicket?
Apache Community Notices:
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- A look at the "Apache at 19" promo at https://youtu.be/Fqk_rlKiVIs
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/
and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Members of the Apache community will be presenting at DataWorks Summit 16-19 April 2018
in Berlin https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Open Expo Europe - 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
- We're teaming up the Apache Roadshow Europe with Berlin Buzzwords - 10-12 June 2018 (Apache
Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018
- Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks Summit 17-21 June
2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-29 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair - 8 October
2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary: November 2017 - January 2018 https://s.apache.org/UtBD
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities
open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator,
OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache
provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select
# # #
NOTE: you are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the email@example.com
distribution list. To unsubscribe, send email from the recipient account to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
The MySQL 5.6 Release Candidate is an aggregation of the previous MySQL 5.6 Development Milestone Releases (DMR) and provides a true functio... čítať viac
MySQL Thread Pool has now been updated for the MySQL 5.6 version. Obviously, with the much higher concurrency of the MySQL Server in 5.6 its... čítať viac
MySQL is the most trusted and depended-on open source database platform in use today. As such, 9 out of the top 10 most popular and highly-t... čítať viac
The MySQL team at Oracle are excited to announce the immediate availability of the MySQL Cluster 7.3 Development Milestone Release GA releas... čítať viac
To support the growing emphasis on real-time operations, MySQL is releasing a new MySQL Applier for Hadoop to enable the replication of even... čítať viac
Learn how easy it is to deploy a MySQL Cluster database that has been configured to best meet your applications needs within your environmen... čítať viac
Learn how to use MySQL 5.6 and the MySQL Utilities to setup, monitor and manage your MySQL replication topology. See how a single command ca... čítať viac
The new MySQL 5.6.5 Development Milestone Release (DMR) introduces a much anticipated feature - Global Transaction Identifiers (GTIDs) for M... čítať viac
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----Hash: SHA1The Apache Ant Team is pleased to announce the releases of Apache Ant1.9.9 a... čítať viac
Je dostupné nové rozšírenie pre redakčný systém Joomla pod názvom Art Store Locator (Joomla). Art Store Locator module allows to show stores... čítať viac
Today the XML Query Working Group and the XSLT Working Group have published seven First Public Working Drafts, four of which are jointly dev... čítať viac
The CSS Working Group invites implementations of an updated Candidate Recommendation of CSS Fonts Module Level 3. This C... čítať viac
Je dostupné nové rozšírenie pre redakčný systém Joomla pod názvom Dictionary (Joomla). Dictionary is a Joomla component designed to display ... čítať viac
Dear community,We are pleased to announce the release of Apache Groovy 2.4.6! ApacheGroovy is a multi-facet programming... čítať viac
The Bionic Beaver, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is here! It’s been a busy six months for the desktop team, and indeed for everyone working on Ubuntu. ... čítať viac
The Apache Jackrabbit community is pleased to announce the release ofApache Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.4 The release is availabl... čítať viac