[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/6l5T ]Another great week has zipped by heres what happen
[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/6l5T ]
Another great week has zipped by — here's what happened with the Apache
Support Apache –whether through individual donations, corporate matching
gifts, online shopping, or Sponsorship, your generous contributions
provide critical support needed to run for the ASF. Every dollar counts.
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the
corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 August. Board calendar and minutes
- ASF Annual Report for 2017 Fiscal Year https://s.apache.org/IDn5
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the
ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield hip performance at 91.80% uptime
Apache CouchDB™ –a database that completely embraces the Web by storing
your data with JSON documents.
- Apache CouchDB 2.1.0 released https://couchdb.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical
content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern
world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.27 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Parquet™ –a general-purpose columnar file format supporting
nested Big Data.
- Apache Parquet C++ 1.2.0 released http://parquet.apache.org
Apache Pulsar (incubating) –a highly scalable, low latency messaging
platform running on commodity hardware.
- Apache Pulsar 1.19.0-incubating released
Apache Qpid™ Proton –a messaging library for the Advanced Message
Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
- Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.20.0 and JMS 0.24.0 released
Apache Struts™ –a free Open Source framework for creating Java Web
- Apache Struts: S2-049 Security Bulletin update
Apache Subversion™ –an Open Source, centralized version control system
characterized by its reliability as a safe haven for valuable data; the
simplicity of its model and usage; and its ability to support the needs
of a wide variety of users and projects, from individuals to large-scale
- Apache Subversion 1.8.19 and 1.9.7 released
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java
Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java
WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.20 and 9.0.0.M26 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
- CVE-2017-7674 Apache Tomcat Cache Poisoning
- CVE-2017-7675 Apache Tomcat Security Constraint Bypass
Apache Velocity™ –well-known in the Java field as a lightweight,
easy-to-use templating library for creating dynamic Web sites and
performing other text-generation tasks.
- Apache Velocity Engine 2.0 released http://velocity.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that biotech startup Zymergen uses Apache Airflow
(incubating) to orchestrate complex Big Data processing?
- Did you know that Apache Accumulo is now using impsort-maven-plugin
to standardize import order in Java files? https://accumulo.apache.org
- Did you know that one of the strengths of Apache MXNet (incubating)
is the ability to mix declarative and imperative programming?
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just
works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot
and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making
https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers
https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of
contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me
https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community
- If you're looking for the ASF on social media, we're @TheASF on
Twitter and on LinkedIn at
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache:
Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos
https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings
- Check out the latest Apache Community Development newsletter
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at
- The CloudStack European User Group will be held 17 August in London
- Meet members of the Apache Big Data communities at DataWorks/Hadoop
Summit 20-21 September in Sydney https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory
Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
- Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP
Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator,
OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more!
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our
"Powered By" logos
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail
to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community,
https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project
activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF
# # #
NOTE: you are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the
firstname.lastname@example.org distribution list. To unsubscribe, send email from
the recipient account to email@example.com with the word
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
The MySQL 5.6 Release Candidate is an aggregation of the previous MySQL 5.6 Development Milestone Releases (DMR) and provides a true functio... čítať viac
MySQL Thread Pool has now been updated for the MySQL 5.6 version. Obviously, with the much higher concurrency of the MySQL Server in 5.6 its... čítať viac
MySQL is the most trusted and depended-on open source database platform in use today. As such, 9 out of the top 10 most popular and highly-t... čítať viac
To support the growing emphasis on real-time operations, MySQL is releasing a new MySQL Applier for Hadoop to enable the replication of even... čítať viac
The MySQL team at Oracle are excited to announce the immediate availability of the MySQL Cluster 7.3 Development Milestone Release GA releas... čítať viac
Learn how easy it is to deploy a MySQL Cluster database that has been configured to best meet your applications needs within your environmen... čítať viac
Learn how to use MySQL 5.6 and the MySQL Utilities to setup, monitor and manage your MySQL replication topology. See how a single command ca... čítať viac
The new MySQL 5.6.5 Development Milestone Release (DMR) introduces a much anticipated feature - Global Transaction Identifiers (GTIDs) for M... čítať viac
CVE-2014-0119 Information Disclosure Severity: Important Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation Versions Affected: - Apache Tomcat 8.0.0-RC1... čítať viac
Je dostupné nové rozšírenie pre redakčný systém Joomla pod názvom Inceptive Extra Field Update for K2 (Joomla). Inceptive Extra Field Update... čítať viac
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----Hash: SHA256The Apache UIMA team is pleased to announce the release ofApache UIMA Ruta... čítať viac
[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/tmi6 ]by Bertrand DelacretazI became active in the ASF in... čítať viac
Joomla extension Share4 Points (Joomla). Have your members share your Joomla pages for AltaUserPoints, Jomsocial or EasySocial points on Fac... čítať viac
The Apache POI project is pleased to announce the release of Apache XMLBeans 3.0.1. The POI team has taken over the ownership of XMLBeans. F... čítať viac
this announcement is also available online at http://s.apache.org/jwx Highest performing NoSQL distributed Big Data database now faster, wit... čítať viac
Canonical is excited to announce that Vedams has joined the Charm Partner Programme. Canonicals Charm Partner Programme... čítať viac